BBQ sauce is obviously great for grilling, but this tasty condiment can be used in so many other ways. From a pulled pork sandwich to chicken quesadillas, homemade BBQ sauce is a simple and natural way to perk up your meal. The Maple BBQ sauce recipe below is sweet and tangy and works great with so many dishes. If you are not a huge maple fan, you can always do half maple syrup and half honey or substitute the maple syrup completely for a sweet Honey BBQ Sauce.
this makes approx. 1 1/2cups of BBQ sauce
– 1 cup ketchup (5 minute homemade ketchup here)
– 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil (where to buy)
– 1.5 tablespoons molasses (where to buy)
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a medium saucepan mix together all ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
2. Simmer for 20minutes (uncovered), stirring occasionally.
3. Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate.