As I’m sure you all know, a standard BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) is a sandwich made up of 5 main ingredients: bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise and bread. Drop the bread, swap the mayo for cream cheese, add a few finishing ingredients, stuff them inside of a cherry tomato and voila! You have yourself fun bite size appetizers that are sure to be a hit!
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (full-fat)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- dash of sea salt
1. Cut the top of each tomato off (just a small slice).
2. Scoop out the pulp and seeds and set aside. You can discard or use for making salsa, pasta sauce etc. I used my 1/4tsp measuring cup to easily scoop out the pulp. A regular spoon was much too big for the job.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix. Spoon filling into each tomato (I again used my 1/4 tsp measuring cup). To crumble the bacon I placed the cooked strips in unbleached parchment paper and crumpled it with my hand. Keep refrigerated, serve and enjoy!